Saturday, October 12, 2019

Did you know you should wash your dryer's lint trap?


 






















The washer and dryer in Mom's house are in the hallway leading to the small bathroom.  Yesterday Mom felt the need to check the washer and the dryer.  I had left some clothes in the washing machine.  Mom said I should never do that.  Actually Mom had already taught me that and I was just being lazy.   Before Mom put the clothes in the dryer for me she checked the dryer's lint trap.  It still had lint in it from my last load of laundry.  I always hand remove the lint before I start the dryer with the next load of laundry.  Yesterday I learned that just scrapping the lint off the filter was not enough.  The lint filter needs to be washed in the kitchen sink to make it really lint free.

Who knew?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's interesting. I think it's going to take the patience of Job. My mom is 84 and starting to get forgetful and easily flustered. Im glad you are sharing your experiences.
    Hopefully I will be better able to understand and cope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it is really hard but other days we laugh together.

      Delete