Monday, October 21, 2019

Where's Waldo?

Let's play Where's Waldo but play it with specks on the floor.  Can you find them?


One of Mom's obsessions is little bits of nothing on the floor.  When she finds one she bends down without her cane, licks her finger to make it sticky, then picks up the dust mote and puts it in her other hand while she totters around the floor picking up other dust motes.  When her hand is full of bits of
nothing then she wants to put them in the trash can but can't get there without her cane which she has left on the other side of the floor.

Dust motes will distract her on the way to the bathroom, bedroom for naps or to sleep the night, and to meals.  I especially need patience when she does it on the way to dinner because then she has to wash her hands, and she will probably be distracted again before she makes it to the table.

Being able to see these tiny flecks of nothing is a new thing Mom has taught me.  I now see them everywhere.  For everyone I pick up I see two more. Kinda like the hairs on my chin. 

If I don't pick up the petite particles then Mom will be stressed about them.  I have tried hard to be a good daughter but after a couple of weeks of picking them up to make Mom happy, I have started kicking them under the furniture.  What Mom can't see won't bother her.

No comments:

Post a Comment