Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Why stitches in the title of the Blog?

I have been a fabric artist for a number of years now.  I started out with embroidery that Mom taught me when I was 10 and then moved onto quilts in my 20s.  My 30's was consumed with taking care of children.  In my 40s I started making more modern quilts and in my 50s I started dyeing my own fabric and adding surface design.  I thought living with Mom would be a good time to go back to some of the earlier work that was more stitching and less dyeing and other messy processes. And Mom might like to sit and stitch with me.  Something we can share.  So, that is why the blog is about stitching as well as living with my Mom.

Here is the first hand stitching project.  This is a wall hanging I started years ago and was never satisfied with.  It is titled "She Thinks She is the Center of the Universe (but she isn't)."  I named it after my daughter--you know who you are.  If you look really close you can see a face in the middle of the pink aura.  Anyway, staying with Mom was my chance to work on it some more. 

Well, it's kinda my chance to work on it.  Mom doesn't believe in having on unnecessary lights.  I can have the lights on at night  but it worries Mom.  So, I have to work on my wall hanging of the night time sky during daylight.  

And Mom says she doesn't like to sew.


2 comments:

  1. I like you piece. Looks pretty resolved to me but what do I know!! At least you can charge your laptop and watch shows at night and stitch by the light of the screen! Maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much the center of the universe, thank you very much! :D <3

    ReplyDelete